Saturday, May 6, 2017

Meet the new plants

On May 4 I took the afternoon off and went to Williams Nursery, and managed to show some restraint, spending only half as much as last year. And I got almost all of it in the ground in one afternoon, and it was such a pleasure! Here's the new lay of the land (pictures from today, as it has been raining since I planted everything):

Rosemary - Spice Island
Oregano - Italian





































Brachyscome - Radiant Magenta























































Hens and Chicks - Sempervivum "Black," and Sempervivum tectorum "Sunset"
I was kind of tickled about getting these to put around the rocks in our front landscaping.




Verbena hybrid ("Superbena") - Sparkling Ruby
Goshdarnit, I cannot believe this as I'm looking at the tag....I thought I was buying lantana. What the heck? How dare they put some freaking "superbena" next to the lantana and make me all confused?! I WANTED LANTANA!! But I guess these look nice.


Oriental poppy - Papaver orientale "Princess Victoria Louise"


















I have been trying to grow pink poppies from seed for two years, and I gave up. OR SO I THOUGHT: does this not look like a poppy I might have planted last year?! Maybe I did get one! It is in an odd spot; I shall move it at some point. Perhaps next to the ones I just bought.



Begonia - Bada Boom Rose Bicolor
These were for a border for the back plot, where I put ageratum last year. But foolishly, I didn't give a thought to deer resistance, of which they have none. I'll have to give them a spray, and myself a slap upside the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment