Monday, March 7, 2016

Sowing seeds

Today I put five kinds of seeds in my little mini-greenhouses, not that a seed would need a greenhouse in a week as lovely and warm as this one. The high today will be around 60 degrees; in two days it will be 75!


Thyme, basil, alyssum, poppy, forget-me-not



I also put lavender seeds, as per the package directions, in "moist" growing medium in a bag in the fridge for a month. Kind of winging it with this. I'm picturing taking the stuff out of the fridge in a month and working it into the soil in the ground to actually germinate? Couldn't be bothered seeking greater clarity on the internet.

Right next to an enormous bag of chocolate chips. And now I'm craving cookies.

Six or seven days ago, I cut some forsythia branches from the back yard, crushed the ends of their stems with a hammer, and stuck them in a vase of water with a drop of bleach, which I've been replacing every other day. And today, they started blooming! Further proof that it's spring when I say it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment