Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Garden happenings

Emma and I just returned from a week in England, and the garden has gone into overdrive. Pat said it has not rained much but it has been cool at night so the ground probably hasn't been too dry.

Anenomes! They are even blooming, shortly after being planted, go anenones! Oh dear me, I only just realized now (thanks to spell check) that I have been incorrectly saying "anenome" rather than "anemone" my WHOLE LIFE. This is mortifying. It does remind me of the scene in "Finding Nemo" when Nemo can't pronounce anemone. I had no idea I had this in common with a cartoon clownfish.

I'm going to need a moment to process this, so why don't you go ahead and enjoy these photos.


Balloon flower!


Echinacea!


Hi there, I'm back. Here we have Emma measuring her zinnias.

But I am still reeling from this whole anemone business. Anemone. ANEMONE.


When we transplanted the zinnias, we didn't pay attention to which types were going where, so it is a fun exercise to match them to the picture now that they are blooming.



I didn't think I would like these green ones ("Raspberry Limeade") but I find that I do like them a lot.

The hydrangea in front is starting to bloom, but it was supposed to be a combination of pink and white, and so far I see only white.







Everyone else's Larkspur has already bloomed, so why has mine not bloomed?


The sweet peas on the pole closest to the street are going gangbusters! The ones on the upper pole are barely still alive. I think they don't get enough light with that monster peony in front of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment