Saturday, July 29, 2017

Garden happenings

This unnecessarily large katydid was perched on the sun umbrella on our back patio a few days ago. By morning it was gone, much to my relief. Bugs....I don't love them.



Emma and I did some weeding, pruning, and deadheading today.


The salvia is having some secondary flowers so I deadheaded them to see whether that helps encourage more blooms. The dead heads had a ton of seeds - note for next year in case I want to save them.

This is the house on the east side of Wyoming Ave., just south of South Orange Ave., that has a lovely overflowing garden in front. I thought the pink flowers in the back were pretty and would look great in my garden. They're quite tall.


They had some echinacea leaning up against these unobtrusive little fences, which I thought was a good solution to the plants falling down as mine are.



This moth was on the outside of our solarium window a week or so ago, and I photographed its underside from inside the house. Pretty! Now go away, you creepy insect.


Finally, I spotted a purple finch outside the solarium this past week. No photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment