Saturday, April 28, 2018

Endless enchantments of spring

Every time I walk outside I see exciting progress among the plants, and the temptation is there to photograph everything. So I do!

I could not possibly be more delighted that the allium in the back plot is now two alliums, both with buds.

The foxgloves in the back plot are looking very robust, and you can see also the other things looking good in the back (left to right: forget-me-nots, artemisia, lungwort, aster, the small white allium).

Our cherry tree has always been a little half-assed, but nonetheless, its blooms are appreciated.

The two-year-old daffodils in the back didn't all do so well this year - especially the frilly stinky ones. Maybe because of the weather.

These look good, though! I really need to get rid of the last of the leaves. They are all piled in corners like this.

As the early daffodils on the right are spent, the ones on the left are in their prime, though not so great this year.

I should have captured these a week or so ago at their peak, but they did well. The little ones. None of the grape hyacinth  made it though - deer?

See the red peony shoot in the front! I thought it had perhaps been uprooted or simply didn't survive, but I am so pleased to be wrong.

This is the lavender I cut all the leaves on in the fall, wondering whether it was better to leave them or cut them. The one one which I left them is below, on the top right of the photo. I am still not sure what was the better course of action.

I like this little spot in the front, with the stones and all the different colors and textures of plant, all very close together. Want to replicate this everywhere.

The poppies! I am so proud of the poppies! Also the onesie daffodil in back that really needs to be dug up and propagated (scooped/scored/scaled) because a onesie is ridiculous,

Front left

Front right



Emma and I transplanted the zinnias, cornflowers, and gypsophila today.






No comments:

Post a Comment