Thursday, May 5, 2016

Goodbye, dead trees

SavATree removed chopped down three dead or dying trees last weekend, including the three-trunked monster (and its sidekick, the scraggly pine) in front. I now need to decide whether I can stomach putting another, albeit smaller, tree there when Birch Hill Landscaping re-does that spot.




We left a stump in back so Emma can play on it. As you can see from the chainsaw wound, they nearly cut the whole thing down, but Pat flagged it in time.





And the third tree was on the side of our house - we left most of the trunk as a draw for wildlife and because we like seeing the trunk out our windows.

And here is what the flowers look like in front these days. They really need some serious company. It has been raining a ton here and I have been working quite a bit, so I haven't found the time.

Wormwood in foreground; lavender behind it. I cut both back to nothing in early spring.


Phlox

No comments:

Post a Comment