Friday, August 10, 2018

Crazy tomato lady

This anemone (front right, when you're facing the house)  is lovely.


My crepe myrtle is also lovely, and it's a shame I find this color too red. Interestingly, the smaller one, closer to the house, scarcely bloomed this year.


Delightful delphinium, with adorable anemone in background.


The lilac has started its second bloom of the year [and update from early October: still blooming! Not nearly as prolific as spring though.]


The state of zinnias and tomatoes. I know what you are thinking: what are those shiny bits? Our neighbor heard tin foil repels squirrels. What do I have to lose, I figure?


A few monarch butterflies have visited the zinnias.




I will acknowledge that the tin foil bits make my tomatoes look like they've visited the salon for some highlights. But if it keeps them safe, it's all worth it.


And hark! What's that we see tucked in there? Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment