Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A spring day in February

It was 74 degrees out today, so I took the opportunity to clear out all the dead leaves on all the leafy plants in the front. I did leave the foliage on one of the two enormous lavenders, because I am curious what will happen. I can always cut it back later.

Things are looking ready for spring action (hopefully they won't mistake today for spring, as the warmth isn't going to last till tomorrow).

Daffodil (yesterday, before I cleaned up the plants around it)

Note the little shoots on the baptisms

Crocus in front, with a bud no less, and presumably the new perennial tulips in back

Everything tidy

So much tidiness

Look at my lovely poppies in the top left, and top and bottom right!


I continue to chip away at the masses of leaves in the back when the weather cooperates, today included. It's starting to look like the end is in sight. This is a picture that I altered so that you can really see the leaf patterns on the lawn - in other words, it's where the the ground is lower. Could be useful information as we look to relandscape.




No comments:

Post a Comment