Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Buried in leaves

All fall I stood ready with rake in hand, poised to whisk away the leaves.* When I left town last week, the oak trees were stingily hanging on to their brownery, but when I returned, ALL THE LEAVES HAD DROPPED. So much later than previous years!

Unrelatedly, I keep meaning to make this note about one of the plants I put in this fall: I selected the Hydrangea paniculata Strawberry Sundae from White Flower Farms for my front garden because it was described in their catalog as needing full to partial sun. The label in the plant when it arrived, however, said "Shade or partial shade." Will it live? Will it die? Only time in full sun will tell.

*I wasn't exactly keen or particularly fastidious, but I had a general air of readiness, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment