Friday, March 3, 2017

Poppy and allium and shade plants

I was reassured to see yesterday that the missing allium - the $9.95 Globemaster - is indeed now popping up some leaves, assuaging my fears that some wretched squirrel had made off with it, or some other tragic fate had befallen it.

Secondly, here's an exciting list of shade-friendly plants: http://kendruse.com/2017/02/plants-for-shade-a-list-of-some-to-try.html

Lastly, the latest "A Way to Garden" podcast was on poppies, with this useful note on the type I am trying to grow by seed:

And you have one perennial poppy that you sell seeds for—the Oriental poppy [below]?
sw093A. Yes, and I really like them, but I don’t have enough to hardly mention them. But I like them because they disappear later, and I love annuals. So I can plunk an annual I’ve started in a pot right in that empty spot, or right near it, and have a continued show through the summer, because hr Oriental poppy sort of bowed out in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment