Sunday, May 24, 2015

Garden happenings


The basil is looking great- the scallions in the middle, less so. They really should have been direct-sown.

This was mint that I threw in the pot after I tore it out of the yard (a battle I continue to fight, but am winning!). I am pleased to have it (contained!).

The marigolds transplanted from seed are growing nicely, though the ones I put in the front were eaten right away - slugs?

The hot peppers and forget-me-nots transplanted from seedlings are still tiny. And desperately need thinning.

Rhododendrons in the back are at their peak, and gorgeous.

Lesson for next year: don't plant anything under what will turn out to be a very healthy, large peony plant! These stock plants are still doing fine, but they're literally and figuratively overshadowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment